Upcoming Innovation Fund Info Days organised in Member States
- 27 November 2023: France Info Day (Paris) – Register
- 5 December 2023: Norway Info Day (IF23 Auctions, online)
- 11 December 2023: Norway Info Day (IF23 Call, online) - Register
- 15 December 2023: Belgium Wallonia Info Day (Namur)
- 12 January 2024: Belgium Flanders Info Day (Brussels)
- 16 January 2024: Sweden Info Day (online)
- 16 January 2024: Ireland Info Day (online)
- 19 January 2024: Germany Info Day (Berlin)
- 17 January 2024: Austria Info Day (Vienna)
- 18 January 2024: Denmark Info Day (Copenhagen)
- 18 January 2024: Croatia Info Day (Zagreb) - Register
- 25 January 2024: Slovenia Info Day (Ljubljana)
- Jan-Feb 2024 TBC: Italy Info Day (Rome)
For more information on these events, you may contact your National Contact Point.
Innovation Fund: How-to webinar and online orientation sessions for third small-scale call applicants
On 4 and 5 July 2023, CINEA and DG Climate Action are organizing a hands on workshop on the application for the call for small-scale projects currently open. Please note that orientation sessions are offered as well, and interested potential applicants can register to present their project idea and ask questions to CINEA and CLIMA project team. For more information and registrations, please consult the event page.
Boosting innovation and investments through carbon pricing
On 22 June 2023, DG Climate Action is organizing a policy session during the European Sustainable Energy Week (EUSEW) gathering policy makers, the European Investment Bank and industry - including beneficiaries from the EU ETS funds to exchange views on how the EU ETS can best help bolster investments towards a decarbonised EU economy. For more information and registration, please consult the event page.
Innovation Fund Project Development Assistance – Knowledge Sharing Event
Innovation Fund: Stakeholder Consultation Event on the next calls for proposals
On 13 June 2023, DG Climate Action is hosting a hybrid consultation event for sector specific stakeholders to provide their contribution on the design of the 2023 Innovation Fund call for proposals. For more information and registrations, please consult the event page.
Innovation Fund InfoDays at national level
In collaboration with CINEA, we are supporting Member States in the organisation of dedicated InfoDays to promote the Innovation Fund locally and reach out to potential applicants. You can find the events here:
- France, 4 April 2023, Les financements européens pour la décarbonation de l’industrie
- Croatia, 10 February 2023, Nacionalni Info dan za Inovacijski fond
- Ireland, 25 January 2023, Innovation Fund Information Day
- Estonia, 17 July 2020, EL Innovatsioonifondi väikeprojektide vooru infoseminar
Infoday – 3rd call for small-scale projects
On 20 April 2023. For details, see the event page.
Innovation Fund: Financing Innovative Clean Tech Conference
On 19 January, policy makers, investors, stakeholders and industries leaders will gather to raise awareness among the community of public and private financiers about the many business opportunities brought about by the EU Innovation Fund in a conference organised together with CINEA. In the same time, successful projects following the second call for large-scale projects will symbolically sign their grant agreements. For more information and registration, please consult the event page.
Innovation Fund Info Days: Third call for large-scale projects
The Innovation Fund’s third call for large-scale projects was launched on 3 November 2022 and has a total budget of EUR 3 billion dedicated to four different topics: general decarbonisation, innovative electrification in industry and hydrogen, clean-tech manufacturing, and mid-sized pilots. Join us on 29 and 30 November 2022 for dedicated Info Days where we will present lessons learned from the previous call and best practices to follow in your application, as well as the key features of the new call. Details regarding registration and information on how to ask questions can be found on the dedicated event page.
Designing a competitive bidding tool to fund hydrogen innovation: stakeholder consultation
On Monday 21 November 2022, we are organising an event to consult the industry to help design a new tool to raise funds for innovation in the hydrogen sector. Specifically, we will discuss the potential of Contracts for Difference and Carbon Contracts for Difference. If your industry is involved with hydrogen (e.g. steel manufacturing, chemicals, synthetic fuels, hydrogen project developers...) this event is for you. Please register by 17 November.
Innovation Fund: Lessons learned from the first call for large scale projects
On 13 January 2022, the Directorate General for Climate Action (DG CLIMA) and the European Climate, Infrastructure and Environment Executive Agency (CINEA) organised an event to present the lessons learnt, best practices and useful takeaways from the first Innovation Fund call for large-scale projects. The recording and presentations are available on the event page.
Innovation Fund: Second Large-scale call for projects Info Day
On Wednesday 10 November 2021, European Climate, Infrastructure and Environment Executive Agency (CINEA) organised together with DG Climate Action (DG CLIMA) an Info Day to present the recently launched second call for large-scale projects under the Innovation Fund.
The recording and presentations are available on the event page.
Delivering on the European Green Deal: Financing clean technology with the Innovation Fund
On 21 October 2021, the European Commission and CINEA organised an event in the framework of the as part of the EU Sustainable Energy Week (EUSEW) 2021 Extended Programme to discuss Europe’s clean energy future and get an overview of projects to be funded by the first small-scale call, highlighting their contribution to the European Green Deal at the Innovation Fund session. All the videos and presentations are available on the event page.
Innovation Fund: Lessons learned from the first call for small-scale projects and state aid support
On 12 October 2021, the Directorate General for Climate Action and the European Climate, Infrastructure and Environment Executive Agency (CINEA) organised an event to present useful take aways from the Innovation Fund call for small-scale proposals, the revised state aid rules applying to clean tech projects, as well as relevant national aid schemes. All the videos and presentations are available on the event page.
Innovation Fund: Lessons learnt from the applications to the 2020 calls
On 28 April 2021, the Commission organised an online event on the first two calls for projects launched in 2020 under the Innovation Fund. The event provided an overview of the project applications invited to the second stage of the large-scale call and discussed lessons learnt and best practices. In addition, the event presented an overview of technological pathways derived from the applications to the first call for small-scale projects and feedback from the survey for applicants. All the videos and presentations are available at the event page.
Technical workshop on project maturity, scalability and innovation selection criteria
On 12 March, a web-streamed workshop addressed the project maturity, innovation and scalability selection criteria, due diligence, project development assistance and knowledge sharing under the Innovation Fund.
Technical workshops on GHG emission avoidance and relevant costs
On 5-6 February 2020 a group of technical experts selected by the members of the Innovation Fund Expert Group (IFEG) met to discuss potential methodologies to estimate GHG emissions avoidance and relevant costs of innovative projects eligible for funding under the Innovation Fund, in the preparation for the first call for proposals expected for June 2020.
- Official Agenda
- Discussion Paper – GHG emissions avoidance
- Discussion Paper – Relevant costs
- Call for experts
- Potential methodologies for quantification of GHG emissions savings
- Potential methodologies for calculation of relevant costs
- Public web-streamed session: high-level summary of the technical workshops and next steps
- Presentation by DG CLIMA
Innovation Fund: Info Day on second call for large-scale projects
15/04/2021 - Innovation Fund Webinar 3: how to submit a full application for the second stage of the first call for large-scale projects
- Full video - Full slide deckSearch for available translations of the preceding linkEN•••
- Second stage criteria: project maturity, relevant costs and cost efficiency - Presentation by DG CLIMA and ICFSearch for available translations of the preceding linkEN•••
- Second stage criteria: degree of innovation, scalability (knowledge sharing) and GHG emission avoidance - Presentation by DG CLIMA and ICFSearch for available translations of the preceding linkEN•••
- Second Stage Application Process and Application Forms - Presentation by CINEASearch for available translations of the preceding linkEN•••
15/09/2020 - Innovation Fund webinar 2: GHG emission avoidance & FAQs
- Full video
- Introduction, evaluators, next steps and events - Presentation by DG CLIMASearch for available translations of the preceding linkEN•••
- Main principles of the GHG emission calculations - Presentation by DG CLIMASearch for available translations of the preceding linkEN•••
- GHG emission calculations for Energy Intensive Industries – Presentation by JRCSearch for available translations of the preceding linkEN•••
- GHG emission calculations for CCS/RES/Energy storage – Presentation by ICF and FraunhoferSearch for available translations of the preceding linkEN•••
- FAQs from the Innovation Fund helpdesk - Presentation by INEASearch for available translations of the preceding linkEN•••
14/07/2020 - Innovation Fund webinar 1: the 1st stage application step by step
- Full video
- Large-scale call, evaluators, small-scale call – Presentation by DG CLIMASearch for available translations of the preceding linkEN•••
- 1st stage application form and process – Presentation by INEASearch for available translations of the preceding linkEN•••
- 1st stage application award criteria – Presentation by DG CLIMASearch for available translations of the preceding linkEN••