Today, the European Energy Exchange (EEX) published the revised 2022 auction calendar for general allowances.
The revised calendar reflects a correction in the calculation of the number of allowances to be deducted in 2022 from the auction volume of the allowances to be cancelled pursuant to Article 6 of the Effort Sharing Regulation (ESR) (EU) 2018/842 of the European Parliament and of the Council.
The revised volume enters into force with the auction under the common auction platform on 7 June 2022.
The 2022 auction volumes are calculated in accordance with the previously published:
- Communication of the Commission on the total number of allowances in circulation in 2020 for the purposes of the Market Stability Reserve.
- Member States auction shares for phase 4 of the EU ETS.
- Commission Decision on the Union-wide quantity of allowances to be issued under the EU Emissions Trading System for 2021 (C(2020)7704)
- Website of the auction platform EEX
- Regulatory update: Revised 2021 and 2022 auction calendars published
- Regulatory update on the re-appointment of EEX as common auction platform
- EU ETS auctioning
- Market Stability Reserve
- Revision for phase 4 (2021-2030)
- Innovation Fund
- Modernisation Fund
- Effort sharing 2021-2030: targets and flexibilities
- Publication date
- 19 May 2022
- Directorate-General for Climate Action