<p>The 2019 UN climate change conference (COP25) takes place from 2 to 13 December in Madrid (Spain), under the Presidency of the Government of Chile. The EU and its Member States takes part as Parties to the UN Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC).</p>
- climate change policy | international cooperation | international negotiations
The 2019 UN climate change conference (COP25) took place from 2 to 13 December in Madrid (Spain), under the Presidency of the Government of Chile. The EU and its Member States took part as Parties to the UN Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC).
EU side events
The EU Pavilion at COP25, with two event rooms and a Meet-the-Expert space, hosted a broad set of side events to stimulate debate on key thematic areas, engage observers and facilitate dialogue with party delegates and other participants.
EU press materials
- 15/12/2019 - Closing statement by the Finnish Presidency and the European Commission on behalf of the EU and its Member States at COP25
- 13/12/2019 - The European Union and 79 African, Caribbean and Pacific countries call for increased ambition and long-term vision in the implementation of the Paris Agreement
- 11/12/2019 - The European Green Deal sets out how to make Europe the first climate-neutral continent by 2050, boosting the economy, improving people's health and quality of life, caring for nature, and leaving no one behind
- 10/12/2019 - Executive Vice-President Frans Timmermans appointed co-chair of the Global Covenant of Mayors for Climate and Energy
- 10/12/2019 - Statement by Executive Vice-President Frans Timmermans on behalf of the EU at the Opening Plenary of COP25
- 10/12/2019 - EU Energy Day at COP25
- 09/12/2019 - Agreement on linking the emissions trading systems of the EU and Switzerland
- 06/12/2019 - COP25: EU Ocean Day highlights the role of oceans in tackling climate change globally
- 02/12/2019 - UN Climate Conference in Madrid: President von der Leyen presents climate ambitions to world leaders
- 02/12/2019 - Speech by President von der Leyen at COP25
- 02/12/2019 - Q&A on COP25
EU press briefings
Photos and videos
Citizens’ Dialogue: Youth on the European Green Deal
The Citizens’ Dialogue held in Madrid during COP25 invited young people to share their views and ideas for the European Green Deal.
- 11-12/12/2019 - Citizens’ Dialogue in Madrid with the Executive Vice-President Frans Timmermans on the Green Deal
Side event applications
No new applications are accepted. The below form is only to be used for confirmed events, in case there is a need to update the details of the event. Please inform us on your new reference number.
We remind you that we reserve the right to make modifications in case of force majeure.
Information on catering (at the organisers’ own cost) will only become available at a later stage.
For further information: CLIMA-EU-SIDE-EVENTS@ec.europa.eu
The European Commission believes good policy discussions come from comprehensive perspectives. Debates that impact policy-making and the lives of citizens should acknowledge gender diversity. We therefore encourage you to seek gender balance in the organisation of your event.