This statement applies to content published on the domain: ‘https://climate.ec.europa.eu/index_en’
It does not apply to other content or websites published on any of its subdomains. These websites and their content will have their own specific accessibility statement.
This website is managed by DG Climate Action. It is designed to be used by as many people as possible, including persons with disabilities.
You should be able to:
- zoom up to 200% without problems
- navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
- navigate most of the website using a modern screen reader and speech recognition software (on your computer or phone)
This website is designed to comply with the technical standard for websites and mobile apps, EN 301 549 v.3.2.1. This closely follows level ‘AA’ of the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) version 2.1.
This website is partially compliant with technical standard EN 301 549 v.3.2.1 and the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.1 Level AA. See ‘Non-accessible content’ for more details.
The website was last tested on 22 May 2023.
Preparation of this statement
This statement was prepared on 22 May 2023.
The statement is based on a review of a report based on a review done by an automated tool Axe Monitor.
We welcome your feedback on the accessibility of the Climate Action website. Please let us know if you encounter accessibility barriers:
- Phone: 00 800 6 7 8 9 10 11
- Contact form: Write to us (please refrain from providing sensitive information in the form, e.g. any information that would reveal personal financial information, information related to your health, or any other sensitive topic).
We try to respond to feedback within 15 business days from the date of receipt of the enquiry by the responsible Commission department.
Compatibility with browsers and assistive technology
The Climate Action website is designed to be compatible with the following assistive technologies:
- the latest version of Google Chrome and Apple Safari browsers;
- in combination with the latest versions of JAWS, NVDA, VoiceOver and TalkBack.
The accessibility of the Climate Action website relies on the following technologies to work with the particular combination of web browser and any assistive technologies or plugins installed on your computer:
Despite our best efforts to ensure the accessibility of the Climate Action website, we are aware of some limitations, which we are working to fix. Below is a description of known limitations and potential solutions. Please contact us if you encounter an issue not listed below.
Known limitations for the Climate Action website:
- Video captions: Some of our videos do not have captions. We plan to fix this issue by end 2023.
- Infographics: Some of the infographics on our website have no or insufficient text alternatives for people with a vision impairment. We plan to fix this issue by end 2023.