On 22 June the European Commission made its proposal for an Energy Efficiency Directive, which brings forward measures to step up Member States efforts to use energy more efficiently at all stages of the energy chain – from the transformation of energy and its distribution to its final consumption.
EU Commissioner for Climate Action Connie Hedegaard said: "Today is an important day for the European climate policy. The EU has had the energy efficiency goal for some years, but we are not on track to meet it. If Member States follow the Commission's proposal, that will now change. And if Member States now deliver on energy efficiency, that will add 5% to our 20 % emission reductions, bringing our total reduction to 25% in 2020 which our low carbon roadmap shows is also the cost-efficient pathway to the transition Europe needs. The energy efficiency directive is a very important contribution to European climate policies".
- Datum objave
- 23. lipnja 2011.
- Glavna uprava za klimatsku politiku