The European Commission will release verified EU ETS emissions data and compliance information for 2012 starting on 2 April 2013.
The procedure will be the same as used for the release of 2011 data with the notable difference that this year emissions and compliance data will be released also for aviation. This means that absolute EU ETS emissions for the year 2012 are not directly comparable with 2011 emissions.
The procedure will be as follows:
- On 2 April 2013 at 12:00 Central European Summer Time (CEST), the Commission will grant unlimited access to installation-level and aircraft operator-level 2012 verified emissions data on the European Union Transaction Log (EUTL) website. The data will also be published in an Excel spreadsheet on the Union Registry page of this website. Access to installation-level data and aircraft operator-level data will be granted irrespective of the amount of data available. No aggregate data or interpretation will be made available.
- On 2 May 2013 at 12:00 CEST, the Commission will grant unlimited access on the EUTL website to the quantity of units surrendered by installation and aircraft operator for 2012 per unit type - EU general allowances, EU aviation allowances, Certified Emission Reductions (CERs) and Emission Reduction Units (ERUs).
- On 15 May 2013 at 12:00 CEST, the Commission will grant unlimited access on the EUTL website to the installation-level and aircraft operator-level compliance code, indicating whether an operator surrendered the required amount of allowances and/or credits, based on the data available as at 30 April. The compliance information data will also be published in an Excel spreadsheet on the Union registry page of this website.
It should be noted that the verified emissions and compliance data related to aircraft operators for 2012 will have to be considered taking into account the Commission proposal to exempt from enforcement flights into and out of Europe operated in 2012. This proposal is currently in the ordinary legislative procedure. The information available on the EUTL public website will not indicate whether aircraft operators are making use of the derogation available in respect of non-European flights.
- Datum der Veröffentlichung
- 15 März 2013
- Generaldirektion Klimapolitik