Electric vehicles are a promising technology for reducing the environmental impacts of transport. To acquire an overview of the possible impacts of the introduction of electric vehicles in the EU, DG CLIMA has commissioned a study on the status and prospects of this technology, the potential market uptake of electric cars and their likely impacts.
The study focuses on passenger cars and light commercial vehicles and covers the various types of electric vehicles, including full electric vehicles, as well as plug-in hybrid electric vehicles. It includes an assessment of impacts on both the transport and electricity sector as well as provides estimates of the impacts on greenhouse gases and pollutant emissions, other environmental impacts, costs etc. The study also identifies a number of policy recommendations.
- Impacts of electric vehicles - Summary Report
- An overview of Electric Vehicles on the market and in development
- Assessment of electric vehicle and battery technogy
- Assessment of the future elecricity sector
- Economic analysis and business models
- Impact analysis for market uptake scenarios and policy implications
- 17 Mai 2011
- Kliimameetmete peadirektoraat