Starting 24 November, a new course on Emissions Trading Systems (ETS) will be available for free online. It will cover the theory, design, and operational considerations behind an ETS while also providing instruction on best practices.
A project of the European Commission, this course consists of 22 individual lesson units, developed by international experts on key aspects of emissions trading, and covers the following topics:
- Theory and rationale of emissions trading as a climate policy instrument
- Technical design and implementation of an ETS
- Understanding the market, its stakeholders, and the politics of ETSs
- Evolution of emissions trading and current developments around the world
- Market readiness and specific challenges for developing countries
- Advanced policy options and long-term perspectives
Who should take this course: Anyone with an interest in how ETSs work, as well as their design and operation. The course is particularly useful for policy makers and other environmental professionals.
Availability: Set your own pace for this online course. Course material is available 24/7 from any computer with an internet connection.
Course fee: None. The course is free of charge.
- Datum der Veröffentlichung
- 24 November 2015
- Generaldirektion Klimapolitik