Connie Hedegaard, European Commissioner for Climate Action, has announced today the submission of a proposal to introduce further quality restrictions on the use of credits from industrial gas projects in the EU ETS post-2012. The proposal has been prepared following an impact assessment, supported with public consultations.
Specifically, the proposed Regulation would provide that from 1 January 2013, the use of JI/CDM credits from projects involving the destruction of trifluoromethane and nitrous oxide from adipic acid production is prohibited in the EU ETS.
- Commission draft regulation on certain restrictions applicable to the use of international credits from projects involving industrial gases
- Impact asssessment on certain restrictions applicable to the use of international credits from projects involving industrial gases
- MEMO/10/614: Statement by Connie Hedegaard on the Commission's proposal for quality restrictions on the use of credits from industrial gas projects
- MEMO/10/615: Questions & Answers on Emissions Trading: Use restrictions for certain industrial gas credits as of 2013
- Information on linking the EU ETS to other Emissions Trading Systems and incentives for international credits
- MEMO/10/387: Statement by Commissioner Connie Hedegaard (25 August 2010)
- Public consultation (end date: 25 November 2010)
- Datum zveřejnění
- 25 listopad 2010
- Autor /Autorka
- Generální ředitelství pro oblast klimatu