Today the European Commission completed the adoption procedure under comitology process for two Regulations on monitoring and reporting of greenhouse gas emissions and on verification and accreditation of verifiers under the EU Emissions Trading System. As previously notified, these Regulations form part of the set of implementing rules for the third trading period of the EU ETS starting in January 2013.
The proposals are adopted as submitted to the European Parliament and Council, without any amendment. The two Regulations will enter into force on the twentieth day following their publication in the Official Journal of the European Union and shall apply from 1 January 2013.
- Regulation on the monitoring and reporting of greenhouse gas emissions under the EU ETS
- Regulation on verification and accreditation of EU ETS emission and tonne-kilometre reports
- Impact Assessment
- Monitoring, Reporting and Verification of Greenhouse Gas Emissions under the EU ETS
- EU Emissions Trading System
- Publication date
- 21 June 2012
- Directorate-General for Climate Action