Auctioning of aviation allowances is expected to restart in September 2014 following the amendment of the EU Emissions Trading System rules on aviation activities for 2013-2016. The new rules entered into force on 30 April 2014 and are in the process of being implemented by the European Commission and the EU Member States.
On the basis of the final number of aviation allowances put in circulation for 2012 the volume of aviation allowances to be auctioned amounts to 11.940329 million for 2012. Based on an estimate of the number of aviation allowances to be handed out for free for 2013 and 2014, the provisional amount of aviation allowances to be auctioned in 2013 and 2014 is expected to amount to 5.8 million. The final number will be available in Q4 2014.
The auctions of these volumes will take place in accordance with the modalities stipulated in the Auctioning Regulation and before 30 April 2015, which is the compliance deadline for aircraft operators for the years 2013 and 2014.
Further information on the timing, frequency and volume per auction will be published by the auction platforms through the auction calendars in due time before the start of the auctions.
- Questions & Answers on auctioning
- Questions & Answers on the proposal to temporarily 'stop the clock' under the EU's Emission Trading System (EU ETS) for flights to and from European airports
- Frequently Asked Questions on the 2013-2016 Regulation amending the EU Emissions Trading System for aviation
- Regulatory update on the implementation of the stop the clock proposal: Airlines return almost 103 million aviation allowances
- EEX website
- ICE website
- Дата на публикуване
- 4 Юни 2014 г.
- Генерална дирекция „Действия по климата“