EEX and ICE have today published their 2014 calendars for the auctions of aviation allowances for the calendar year 2012.
The total quantity of aviation allowances to be auctioned amounts to 9,278,000. This amount is comprised as follows:
|6,570,500||EEX||25 participating Member States||Wednesdays 3 September, 1 October, 29 October and 26 November 2014|
|2,707,500||ICE||United Kingdom||One auction on Wednesday 17 September 2014|
|/||EEX||Germany||No auctions in 2014|
|EEX||Poland||No auctions in 2014|
The 2014 aviation auction calendar is based on the following considerations:
- The United Kingdom and the 25 participating Member States in the common auction platform will auction in 2014 their total volume of aviation allowances for the calendar year 2012. This is with the exception of Croatia that has no aviation allowances to be auctioned for the calendar year 2012.
- Germany already auctioned the allowances for the calendar year 2012 on 31 October 2012.
- Poland will not auction aviation allowances in 2014. The aviation allowances to be auctioned by Poland for the calendar year 2012, 0.1 million, will be auctioned before 30 April 2015 in one single auction with the aviation allowances for the calendar years 2013 to 2015.
- The volumes of aviation allowances to be auctioned by the States of the European Free Trade Association (EFTA) that are members of the European Economic Area (EEA), 0.17 million, are not included in the aforementioned volumes. The EEA-EFTA States intend to make use of the transitional common auction platform and the Commission is currently discussing the arrangements with them. However, it is not yet clear when the transitional common auction platform will start to auction aviation allowances for the EEA-EFTA States.
- Aviation allowances for the calendar year 2012 will be auctioned in the form of phase 3 aviation allowances.
The 2015 aviation auction calendars are expected to be published in September 2014 on the basis of the final expected annual amounts to be auctioned, currently estimated at 5.8 million in each calendar year for 2013 to 2015. These calendars will include the volumes of aviation allowances for the calendar years 2013 to 2015. The auctions for aviation allowances for the calendar years 2013 and 2014 will take place before 30 April 2015, which is the compliance deadline for aircraft operators for the years 2013 and 2014.
The determination of the auction calendars have been closely coordinated between the Commission, the Member States and the auction platforms.
- Questions & Answers on auctioning
- Questions & Answers on the proposal to temporarily 'stop the clock' under the EU's Emission Trading System (EU ETS) for flights to and from European airports
- Frequently Asked Questions on the 2013-2016 Regulation amending the EU Emissions Trading System for aviation
- Regulatory update on the implementation of the stop the clock proposal: Airlines return almost 103 million aviation allowances
- EEX website
- ICE website
- Data publikacji
- 29 lipiec 2014
- Dyrekcja Generalna ds. Działań w dziedzinie Klimatu