- adaptation to climate change
The Commission has launched an evaluation of the EU Adaptation Strategy. The evaluation process includes several public consultation activities.
The Commission launched an evaluation of the EU Adaptation Strategy in 2016 to examine the actual implementation and performance of the strategy.
The evaluation is planned to be completed by the end of 2018 and its results will be published here.
The evaluation follows the standard framework for evaluation of EU policies and examines the relevance, effectiveness, efficiency, coherence and EU added value.
- EU Adaptation Strategy
- Evaluation roadmap – including the specific evaluation questions
- Consultation strategy – Please note that this initial planning document is not updated after its publication. The evaluation process is outlined below as it unfolds.
Public consultation activities
- 5 April 2017: First targeted stakeholder workshop in Brussels. Presentations.
- July-August 2017: Targeted stakeholder survey
- 7 December 2017 - 1 March 2018: 12-week public internet consultation
- 23 January 2018: Public consultation meeting (agenda, presentations, meeting report)
- Second half of 2018: Publication of evaluation results
If you are interested in following the evaluation, you may want to sign up as a stakeholder with the consultants at the email address firstname.lastname@example.org, to be alerted of subsequent steps in the process.
In the meantime, the public internet consultation is still open. If you have not yet responded to it, the link is shown above.