- climate change policy | international cooperation | international negotiations
The 2017 UN climate change conference (COP23) was held from 6 to 17 November in Bonn, Germany, under the Presidency of Fiji. The EU and its Member States took part as parties to the UN climate change convention.
EU side events
The European Union Pavilion hosted a series of side events aimed at stimulating debate on key thematic areas, engaging observers and facilitating dialogue with party delegates and other participants.
- 16/11/2017 - Cooperation among major economies for the implementation of the Paris agreement and the global energy transition
EU press materials
- 18/11 - UN climate conference makes progress on Paris Agreement implementation
- 17/11 - EU countries trigger entry into force of Kigali Amendment to Montreal Protocol
- 16/11 - EU scales up cooperation with other major economies to implement Paris Agreement, promote global energy transition
- 16/11 - European Commission promotes work on safety standards for a wider use of climate friendly refrigerants
- 16/11 - EU to conclude ratification for second Kyoto Protocol commitment period by end of this year
- 15/11 - Low-carbon investment opportunities and challenges discussed at COP23
- 14/11 - EU, China to boost carbon market cooperation ahead of China launch
- 14/11 - EU and 79 African, Caribbean and Pacific countries call for tangible progress on Paris Agreement implementation at UN climate talks
- 13/11 - COP23: Cities and local governments for climate action
- 09/11 – EU allocates reduced quotas for powerful greenhouse gases
- 09/11 – EU Emissions Trading System: landmark agreement between Parliament and Council delivers on EU's commitment to turn Paris Agreement into reality
- 08/11 – Energy Union: Commission takes action to reinforce EU's global leadership in clean vehicles
- 07/11 – EU and California in joint climate push, boost cooperation
- 07/11 – EU cut emissions by 23% from 1990 to 2016, while economy grew by 53%
- 06/11 – EU expects solid progress on Paris Agreement implementation at UN climate conference in Bonn
- 06/11 – Q&A on the UN climate conference in Bonn
EU press briefings
On-demand webcasts of press briefings by the EU delegation are available on the UNFCCC website.