This page gives a general presentation in three parts:
- Part I covers the latest developments.
- Part II gives a general view of the matter concerned.
- Part III documents.
I) Latest developments
02 Jun 2016
A document with Frequently Asked Questions is now available.
10 Mar 2016
Corrigendum to "Call for proposals ref 001/2015/CLIMA/A1 - Implementing the Paris Climate Change Agreement" with main changes highlighted
Finance available: EUR 600,000.00
New Deadline for submission of concept notes: 6th April 2016, 17:00 hrs at the latest.
Questions can be submitted to this email address until 23rd March 2016: Clima-U47-ARES@ec.europa.eu
19 Feb 2016
Please note that a corrigendum will be issued in the next days and therefore the deadline for submission of applications will be extended.
23 Dec 2015
Launch of the Restricted Call for Proposals for Implementing the Paris Climate Change Agreement.
II) General context
The UNFCCC Conference of Parties 21 in December 2015 in Paris has adopted a binding agreement which is a legal instrument or an agreed outcome with legal force under the Convention applicable to all Parties. The Paris Protocol shall enter into force by 2020. In the period to 2020, ambition of UNFCCC Parties still has to increase, in view of limiting global warming to well below two degrees.
As decided by predecessor COP 20 in Lima in 2014, developed country Parties to UNFCCC, including the EU, are urged 'to provide and mobilise enhanced financial support to developing country Parties for ambitious mitigation and adaptation actions, especially to Parties that are particularly vulnerable to the adverse effects of climate change.
A precondition for such enhanced climate action by developing countries, especially the most vulnerable ones, is their full inclusion in UNFCCC decision-making processes, as well as dedicated support for a number of selected priority thematic actions. Therefore, as was practice in previous ENRTP and GPGC Annual Programmes, a number of activities are proposed that are well integrated with the overall EU climate governance, mitigation and adaptation portfolio.
The call for proposals for Implementing the Climate Change Agreement is launched as part of the projects foreseen for GPGC 2015 Climate Governance financing.
- Main document
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Annes A e3b Application Form (Indirect Management)
- Annex B e3c budget
- Annex C e3d Logical Framework
- Annex D e3e1 Legal Entity (individual)
- Annex D e3e2 Legal Entity (private companies)
- Annex D e3e3 Legal Entity (public bodies)
- Annex E Financial Identification Form
- Annex F Special Conditions
- Annex F e3h11 Derogations International Organisation(s)
- Annex G II General Conditions
- Annex G IV Contract-award rules
- Annex G V Request for payment
- Annex G VI Interim Narrative Report
- Annex G VI Final narrative report
- Annex G VI Financial Report
- Annex G VII Expenditure Verification
- Annex G VIII Financial Guarantee
- Annex G IX Transfer of ownership of assets
- Annex H Daily allowance rates (Per diem)
- Annex J Information on the tax regime applicable to grant contracts
- Annex K Checklist simplified cost options